Rob Topping purchases one share of Standard Oil of Indiana
Rob Topping works at a regional brokerage firm while in college.
Topping Capital launches flagship opportunistic hedge fund
Topping capital launches a fund of funds
Introduces the pre-pivot model of identifying opportunity with first allocation to distressed real estate.
Pivot with recognition of change in capital allocation to private markets and first early stage growth investment
Formal pivot with merger of two funds into a free form hybrid fund
Ever evolving, always changing. always #free form #maneuverable money #unconstrained investing
Topping Capital Beliefs:
1) Convergence of public and private markets
2) Convergence of for profit and social good
3) Pricing inefficiency in Flyover / Midwest based companies
4) Velocity of change and disruption keeps increasing
5) Freeform Hybrid is its own asset class
6) Risk and Reward are captured by Draw-down chart and Rule of 72